I've noticed that I haven't been talking much on the blog lately. I have some bigger text-based posts that I've been working on and some "thinking..." posts in my head, but I've had a tough articulating what I've been thinking about lately. Hoping some long chats with my best friends with my friends at home will help. Can't wait. Four days!
Anyhow, here are some random, silly thoughts/statements about me.
1. I cannot sing. If I could sing like anyone though, it'd be Lissie. There are probably musicians I like more, but if I could transplant any voice to my own, I'd pick hers.
2. If I wasn't going to be an artist, I'd probably go to school for psychology or nursing. I love acting and writing, but don't think I have the drive or talent to really seek either.
3. BLUE JEANS. I go on this rant all the time, because I think it's weird. When did we decide we could wear blue jeans with everthing? Don't get me wrong, I love jeans and wear them all the time. BUT. If your blue jeans were just regular dark blue, fabric pants, you would not pair them with a pink shirt. But if wearing jeans and a pink shirt is totally fine. I just think it'd odd that as a society we've decided dark blue pants are a nuetral and we can pair them with anything. I don't think they look bad, because it's so normal, but seriously? Weird stuff.
4. I sometimes dream about changing my major to graphic design, art therapy, or gender studies.
5. I've never been a royal blue kind of girl, but my sweet aunt sent me a t-shirt in a care package a few months ago and I suddenly realized this color looks really good with my pale skin and bright, red hair.
6. Speaking of red... It's my least favorite color. Which I realized was ironic the other day because I love red hair and bright red lipstick.
7. After intense drawing for four months, I catch myself look at people and objects in the context of their volume. It's really annoying.
8. As a person who said loves meat and said I'd never become a vegetarian, not meating eat is actually really easy for me. (edited: errr. not "eating meat".) I haven't eaten meat in 8 months and it's so normal now. Though I randonly crave McDonald's cheeseburger. Gross, I know.